When you think of clean eating you probably don’t think of curries. When you think “curry” you think a big Indian feast filled with cream and coupled with rice and bread or a combination of chips, rice and curry sauce (read this if you are not Irish and baffled by my suggested combo).
The fact is, any dish can be made clean by taking out anything artificial and substituting with something natural/better quality products. A good Indian curry is flavoursome, filling and spicy and this ticks all those boxes!
Here is a quick and delicious Indian Curry recipe, free of the nasties!
Indian Coconut Chicken Curry Ingredients:
• 1 Red onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons curry powder (read the label, check for additives)
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon of cumin
Pinch of chilli powder
• 1 Clove of garlic, chopped
• 1 inch Fresh ginger, chopped
• Chilli peppers, chopped
• 3-4 skinless chicken fillets, diced
• 400 ml boiling water
• Frozen Spinach
• Fresh coriander
• coconut or almond milk
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil in frying pan, add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry powder cumin and cinnamon then stir-fry until ingredients are coated in the powder.
- Add chicken pieces, water and spinach, bring the water to the boil.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook for 20-30 minutes
- Stir in the milk until a slight thickness forms and leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Serve and garnish with coriander, if you’re feeling fancy!
This is a great recipe that has a truly authentic taste. It’s incredibly feeling and 100% nutritious (provided you choose the right curry powder). You can eat it on it’s own, with brown rice or with sweet potato without interfering with its Cleanliness. Enjoy!